Okay, I am SO CLOSE to having ALL of our paperwork done!!! I must say that when I first got started, it was all just overwhelming. I had heard from almost everyone that there were mountains of paperwork involved in an international adoption. So, I had some weeks that I was just paralyzed, and didn't do anything! With life and three other kiddos, I felt like I had to "stop" everything and turn on paperwork. Then, right when I would get going, someone would wake up from a nap or dinner would need cooking or whatever. I say all of that to say that there were a few times that I just sat down to knock some things out. And...it wasn't that bad!! At all!!! If I could do it all over again, I would not be so intimidated to be paralyzed in it. I think it would go quicker. I realized (after I was done and looking at it) that I could just do one paper at a time...that was okay...just put it in the "completed" pile and check it off. Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't make any progress if I did it that way. I guess I am too "high-closure!"
Anyway, here is what I have been working on:
- 4 online classes for adoptive parent training completed!
- adoptive parent training handbook completed!
- the home study is completed...it just needs to be revised a little and sent off for approval!
- all birth certificates and our marriage license are in!
- My passport renewal has been ordered!
- We have all had physicals and gotten our medical forms notarized!
- Our criminal check is done!
- Our employment verification letters are done!
- All of our letters of recommendation are done!
- Our financial statement is done!
- Our power of attorney is done!
- Our post adoption commitment letter is done!
- Get some documents notarized (we are doing that this afternoon!)
- Get our power of attorney state certified
- Application letter (telling Ethiopia why we want to adopt)
- 2 more online classes for adoptive parent training
- take pictures of our house
- once it is reviewed....make 3 copies! That is IT!
As far as finances goes...we have raised $14, 024!!!!!!! WOW!!! Thank you, God!!!!! We have truly been brought to tears at this provision from the Lord! So much sacrificial giving...thank you all SO MUCH!
I need to number-crunch, but with the two trips that are now required, I think we need about $12,000 more. Do your thing, God!