Sunday, December 12, 2010

Please stop and pray

Words cannot express what I have been thinking, feeling, and processing over the last few days.  We know a family, the Harrison's, who have twin baby girls (20 months old), and Evie Grace went to be with Jesus on Thursday morning.  I can't even imagine what the Harrison's are going through.  I try to...I have bent my heart to Jesus, begging Him to be so tangible to them right now as they walk through this horrific time. Even in prayer, sometimes I just can't find the words.  I know and am trusting that the Holy Spirit is interceding for them.  I am trusting in God's Word and His character.  I cannot get this sweet family off of my mind.  I think about a lot of things that are hard and painful, and I cannot wrap my little human brain around them.  One thing that has stuck out to me over the last few days is my yearning for heaven.  Oh how beautiful to see all things new.  When all promises are fulfilled.  When there is true shalom.  When there is no more sin, and we see our Savior for all that He is.  Until then, I will continue to seek God with all that I am, even when things don't make sense.

Please keep the Harrison's in your prayers...Alicia, Jonathan, and twin sister Ramsey.

Here is their family blog:  www.threedoodles.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, Erin... This breaks my heart. Praying for the Harrisons right now...

laurap said...

Oh Erin...no words. I have followed their blog through yours. I am praying. I cannot imagine...

Alison said...

Erin, I have been praying for your friends. I am just heartbroken for them. Praying the Lord just fills them with His strength, peace and hope!